Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm starving!

Today marks my FINAL day of my "plateau breaker"! Not only did I stay on track but I didn't scare my boyfriend off to bad with my angry hunger spells either :)

Plateau Breaker- when a persons body has adapted to what they are currently doing (working out more or better eating), which isn't a bad thing. When a person feels as though they have hit this "plateau" something needs to be switched up! Either harder cardio or less of a calorie intake. Basically, an act that will shock the body and switch it up.



My plateau breaker was for two days (cut out carbs/protein based)--
For the people who follow my Facebook, I lost 10 pounds last month as of March 25th (Tuesday). I started my breaker on March 26th-March 27th, I weighed again today and i've lost 3 pounds since I started :).  No, this isn't water weight that I post people... I switched it up and I got results! plateau breakers truly do work!



What I ate: Both days!

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs

Mid-Morning Snack:
1/2 grapefruit

Mid-Afternoon Snack:
Green Vegetable

Lunch:
2 cups Lettuce
1/2 chicken breast

Dinner:
2 cups lettuce
1/2 grapefruit
6 oz hamburger
(zucchini)



Not a lot to eat... at all! I have been freaking starving but, I stuck to this plan for only two days and i've lost 3 pounds! This stuff works people!










Speaking of eating-- I was at work today and I was going though some of my co-workers pre-made "healthy choice" or "active & fit" frozen meals. I took a little peek at the back and HOLY COW, they are not as good for you as you may think! Some are decent but it could be way better! Yes, better than fast food but not better than a home cooked healthy meal! 

Try something next week- cook all of your meals! Like a fresh home cooked meal with fresh foods from the store or the farmers market! The amount of Carbs and Sodium you will be saving yourself will be amazing! If your wanting to be healthier, take the time to cook your meals.

If your reasoning for purchasing pre-made meals is because you don't have time, check out this website for great and healthy crock pot ideas! Not only is it healthy, it saves time, AND it will make enough for the whole week! Whats your excuse now? :)

I

2 comments:

  1. So I definitely tried to blog about my lifestyle changes/choices since I started living one, but I just can't seem to stick with it! Proud of you for making the healthy changes you are and sharing it with the world. Only makes sense that we inspire and encourage one another with the changes we have made ;) Keep it up!! Definitely motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kayla! It definitely has been a challenge keeping up with posting and then also staying on track with life! Thank you so much for your encouraging thoughts! Your doing amazing yourself my dear!! You continue to keep up the amazing work as well!

    ReplyDelete