Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Failing myself just to succeed...

What exactly does that mean?  "I'm failing myself just to succeed"

I've been attending my moms workout class this week. I personally love going there and plan to join very soon. Not only do you learn what to do you also learn how your body works. You learn what you can and cannot do.

But, I notice that so many people will fail themselves just to succeed. What does this mean...

1. You cheat yourself on your reps
2. You only push yourself when your trainer turns and looks at you
3. You simply give up



I understand pain, I understand hurt, and I understand injuries. I probably understand all of that more than most. Me being only 25 i've had over a handful of knee surgeries that have put me out for at least 5-12 months. I've played softball at a college level and still play fast pitch to this day. I have also beaten myself up so hard to actually succeed that I fail!

Pushing yourself until you fail is an amazing feeling. Know that you've done all you can do in that work out.
Failing yourself to look like you have succeed is a waste of your hour!

If your tired be tired but when you put on a show, your only hurting yourself in your lifestyle change :)

On that note: 
How has everyone been eating and working out?!

This month I have a goal:
1. Focus on taking in more calories
2. cut back on alcoholic drinks
3. focus more on strengthen workouts rather than cardio

I personally make a chart both weekly and monthly. The reason for a chart and actually writing it down. You aren't going to follow anything that you just verbally say your going to do. When its written down and it has to be completed, you are now being held accountable for what you truly want.

 (this is my goal chart that I complete)


A little inside on working out:
*Strength training with burn more calories than your cardio workouts!
*Eating to little and working out hard will cause your body to go into starvation mode; which in turn
    your body will hold on to the calories you are eating (moving backwards!)
*There is no magic pill! Stop trying to google it! :)

I hope that everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!

Remember: change something in your day this week. You can't maintain a lifestyle change unless it truly becomes part of your life style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment