Monday, March 10, 2014

Welcome!!


Over the past few months, I've had multiple people email and text me about eating right and working out. Recently, I have had people comment on my Facebook wondering how they can staying motivated and positive and how they can eat right and working out. THEN, I even have people telling me they are following my Facebook to see the progress i'm making! The fact that these people are asking me, an everyday person with no physical training background or nutrition background how THEY can do better, is the best motivation a person could ask for!

After a lot of thought and support from the people closest to me, I've decided to blog about my journey that is now a true lifestyle change.

*First, its a lifestyle change which means it isn't successful if you don't change the negative in your life.
*Cheat days are allowed, if you don't take them you will fall off the bandwagon!
*Remember- you don't have to be skinny to be healthy!

Where I started--



Where I am now--


I've officially lost over 87 pounds total :)

I'm thick, but thick doesn't mean fat! I squat over 250 pounds, and I bench more than most guys. I'm thick because I have muscle, and I'm thick because I have curves.
DON'T let society tell you different :)

The key to it all-- Thick girls can be healthy too!

I've never been a size 2, 4 or even an 8. To be completely honest, I simply don't want to be that small! I LOVE my curves! I LOVE that I can fill out clothes! I LOVE that I have shape!

Not a single person but you, can make you feel beautiful! But, you have to believe it first!
And I will tell you now, you ARE beautiful!

I've made many changes over the years. My first biggest change was in 2011 when my best friend, Garrett was suddenly taken from this world to soon. I realized that anything can happen and we can't always control it. But, I can control my health and I can control what enters my mouth and the activities that I do. 
I lost 30 pounds from the emotional stress of his death and I decided there was no better time to start than now!!

The second biggest change, I have now been over 9 months without fast food or soda!! A person can drop up to at least 30 pounds from this alone!

My goal in this blog is to just post what I do, how I do it, and what I get out of it! I'm not in the gym 24/7 and I don't eat amazing all the time. I have free days from the gym, and I also have cheat days! If a person doesn't allow positive in there life, they will end up failing. 

I am a very competitive person, and failing is not an option.

I hope to help many others through the process of succeeding and realizing you don't have to be skinny to be healthy! :)

First thing you can do: Decide something today or tomorrow, or even starting next week that you want to change and do better about! Doesn't have to be anything big, it can be the smallest thing ever but, make sure its something that you stick to and DO. This is the first step to a lifestyle change... doing it!

Well, i'm off to make my post workout meal! Protein it up! Lesson number one :)

2 comments:

  1. hi lauren! you are right about how much weight you can lose by cutting out fast food. we made that change a long time ago and i lost a lot but unfortunately i didn't stick with it. i am happy for you and love your positivity. i am going to follow your blog and hope that at some point amongst the stress i am under i will try and start a healthier lifestyle.
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Monica!!
    So happy that my positive words have reached out to you :)
    I always say, if you've done it before you can always do it again. I know you are under a lot of stress and its so hard to fight the craving and the "simple" things that just make life easier (fast food). You'll know when the right time is to kick it in gear! It's amazing how the smallest changes can make the biggest difference. Adding another vegetable in your diet or an extra glass of water.
    Glad to hear that you'll be following!! I hope i'm able to help you out!

    ReplyDelete