Monday, April 21, 2014

Carbs are our friends!

Hello!

I've been away awhile; been rather busy with "life" but, I've still been sticking to all my work out plans and my meals plans! Just because life may get a little overwhelming at times, doesn't mean we have to give up our own positive attitudes and good health!

I've had a lot of people saying to me lately- Lauren, you eat a carb for pretty much every meal you have!
My day looks like this:
Breakfast (carb), Snack, Lunch (carb), Snack, Dinner (carb)


Reasoning: This keeps your metabolism up and running! If we are up, it needs to be up :)

Anyways, back to eating carbs...
What people don't realize is there ARE good carbs that your body needs. Most people hear the "C" word and they freaking out! Automatically assuming they are throwing away there plan if they eat any carbs. I should know, I use to be a person like this.

Straight up- You have to have something in your system to burn, and carbs are the best foods to burn!

Listed Below is a truly amazing website to help someone understand what exactly a carb is along with a few other little informational guides :)

http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/carbs.html


Now, there is a huge difference between a good carb and a bad carb. The main one: 
Good carb: produces energy and digestive system
Bad carb: slows down energy and slows down digestive system

Listed below are a few helpful charts that show what you should and shouldn't be putting into your mouth! These are great charts to save or print out! Not only for yourself but, also for your children when you are thinking of healthy snacks to pass along :)




No comments:

Post a Comment